DecarbHeat Forum 2017
As part of the DecarbHeat Initiative, the DecarbHeat Forum was the kick-off event of the initiative. The aim was to collect ideas from a broad audience on the next steps towards the vision of a 100% decarbonised heating and cooling sector, along four areas of consideration:
- How do scientists and policy makers envision the 2050 energy system and which solutions exist to address the issue of decarbonising the heating sector?
- What are the main challenges for cities, in particular when it comes to the renovation of buildings and whole quarters and how should decarbonized energy be distributed here?
- How will digitalisation challenge the heating and cooling industry – from product design to business models?
- What are the challenges for industry and how can energy demand in industry be meaningfully
The conference brought together relevant stakeholders:
- policy makers from the EU Commission and the Parliament as well as from the Member States,
- high level representatives from the heat pump and thermal industry,
- decision makers from cities,
- other users of heat: representatives from industry.
The DecarbHeat Forum took place in Brussels on 11 and 12 May 2017 at the prestigious BEL building (link), a show-case of an eco-friendly passive house building equipped with PV, heat pumps and ventilation.